Friday 17 January 2014

Being a course Representative in a competitive class, my experience by Joshua Idowu

Josh


Hello I am Joshua Idowu, course representative of the immediate past diploma class. This could help course reps and people holding leadership positions in different classes.

It was really scary, volunteering to lead students
in diploma when I had my academics to face, it came with fear but I heard something at the back of my mind that this should propel me to work harder! As the course rep if I fail all would know, but thankfully  God helped me.

It was really challenging waiting behind for students to sign attendance and collecting assignments. I remember some public insult from two lecturers as a course rep I sometimes felt  like I should drop the position but something in made  me continue.

I learnt that responsibility makes you helpful and pressurize you to make a meaningful impact.

I also saw that division of labour helps we were about 50-51 but I had 2 Assistants ( Chima Kelechi and Jessica Carson). Jessica helped with the attendance a lot. I learnt that sharing responsibility brings about ease.

And by God’s grace we made it!

To students with responsibilities on their necks make sure you don’t neglect your academics,

Ensure your responsibilities propels you to work hard,

Division of Labour would be helpful,

Humility and willingness to help and serve would make you important among your collegues.

Make sure your responsibilities doesn’t affect your academics and most importantly Remember God.

All the best,

Joshua Idowu.

4 comments:

  1. No wonder you're the best rep in our set. I wasn't in your department but your exploits were so glaring that we all voted you the best. You're a born leader, it's even evident in the inspiring way you write. Keep it up man, Mighty Things!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks a lot, God bless you

    ReplyDelete
  3. IGEA Brain & Spine is fueled by patient satisfaction and unrivaled integrity— two fundamental components that allow us to grant you world class neurosurgical care. We foster one on one relationships with you and your family to ensure a positive treatment and recovery experience. Our board certified neurosurgeons utilize leading-edge minimally invasive technology to effectively target and treat your cancer or diagnosed condition. Your health is in the most trusted hands in the nation. Your journey to health and well-being begins at IGEA.
    brain surgery in New Jersey

    ReplyDelete

knowledge Empowers, help us reach more people

cAtEgOrIeS!

medics got swaggs!!! best new shoes

You TOO Can CONTRIBUTE

Medigist is not a one writer thingy or a personal blog. No! It's a community for everyone medically inclined to contribute. So have you got an experience, advice, information, news, gist, short story, jokes, etc to share? Don't hesitate to email us doctorclemency@gmail.com or contact us, our contact form is on the side bar. We'll accept and publish anything, so long it's medicine or health related. Cheers, we'll be expecting to read from you! Sharing is caring! Remember, Knowledge Empowers!